Friday, March 20, 2015

Vegan Pressure Cooking: Delicious Beans, Grains, and One-Pot Meals in Minutes

I've had a pressure cooker (PC) for many years, but never used it. That all changed when I attended a demonstration given by the author of this book. I left the demo, drove home and started looking for my old cooker. That evening, I made two of the recipes demonstrated - Umami Anasazi beans (I used pinto since I did not have any Anasazi beans on hand) and mashed potatoes. Dinner was a hit so I ordered the book. Favorites so far are the white bean gravy, mushroom rice, white beans and greens soup, lentil & barley risotto and vegetable scrap broth. I like the book because it explains pressure cooking in a way that is very easy-to-understand. While I attended a demonstration, doing so certainly isn't necessary to using a PC with this book! The book is loaded with recipes for the kinds of food families actually eat. It also provides advise on buying a PC, so it's great even for people who do not yet have a PC, and also for those wanting to upgrade (something I did a mine was quite old). I'm not sure why I neglected my PC for so long, but it I guess it doesn't really matter. The ability to make healthy food fast is a wonderful gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment