Saturday, August 15, 2015

Clean Green Eats: 100+ Clean-Eating Recipes to Improve Your Whole Life

Candice spends the first part of the book explaining benefits of the key ingredients she uses in her recipes, as well as how to properly store them for maximum shelf life. A lot of the ingredients are new to me and aren't cheap since they come from specialty organic markets, so this book paid for itself with the first recipe when I finally started properly storing nuts, grains, seeds, etc. She has many great tips on making smoothies properly and choosing good produce as well. For a former junk food junkie like me who is now trying to get healthy as a result of an auto immune disorder, this book is a wealth of knowledge because I don't know a lot about the ingredients and what you don't know can hurt you if you try to cook with expensive, foreign ingredients that you've never used. I'm ashamed to say that I don't have much experience with Brussel sprouts, fennel, and quinoa, but no worries! Candice explains it all before diving into her well organized recipes! Another reason why I like this book is that she repeats ingredients.  So many great recipes in this book, I used so many of them for my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment