Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Fine Summer's Day: An Inspector Ian Rutledge Mystery

Another five star hit for the Author's of this book! I love their work and have read every one, including the Bess Crawford novels and their other two stand alone books. I was excited to see this was a prequel to the first Ian Rutledge novel as I had often wondered about his relationship with Jean. Now I know! The characters were very believable for this time period, just before World War I. The mystery was a little different and it was fun to try and figure out who the "bad guy" was and why. (which I was able to do about halfway through). I did detect a small error which didn't diminish my enjoyment of the book at all. At one place in the book, the word "tire" was used in place of the British word, "tyre". A truly enjoyable read. Waiting for the next one to be published.

No comments:

Post a Comment