Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Policy Driven Data Center with ACI: Architecture, Concepts, and Methodology (Networking Technology)

I really enjoyed this book. I had heard about ACI, which included watched a couple of youtube videos and read a couple of articles. After doing all this research, I felt like there were a lot of unanswered questions and this book was excellent in not only filling in the gaps in understanding for ACI, but datacenter networking in general. Thanks to this book, I feel much more knowledgeable in how datacenter networks were built in the past, how they are being built now, and how ACI will take advantage of these improvements. The authors expertly towed the line between exposure and over-exposure by introducing XML, JSON, and python without going into levels of depth that are just well beyond my comprehension. I also particularly enjoyed the last chapter on the switching architectures. I did not expect to learn so much and the authors should feel really good about creating a book that does such a good job advancing not only ACI, but datacenter concepts in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment