Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time

Whether you are a leader in business, a team leader, work in a profit or non-profit business, you will learn from Scrum by Jeff Sutherland. His methods are being used in classrooms, the military, government, and in homes successfully.

As I read this book, I was quickly drawn into this practical and transparent method of working as a team, focusing on success instead of failure. My mind immediately began to think of areas in which I could incorporate this method into my classroom, our school, my personal life, and was anxious to share with my fellow educators.

The areas I liked most about Scrum was that for the method to succeed, the group must work transparently as a team, knowing the progress of the other teams to reach the goals of the company. I also liked Jeff Sutherland's views on multitasking and being overworked, believing that shorter, but more efficient work hours brings greater success.

 I will let my friends and family borrower this book as well as my coworkers its one of the best books I have ever read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment