Friday, December 12, 2014

Yes Or No

This book is so packed full of information! However, the author didn't make it like a text book where you were snoozing half-way through. He brought stories from his own life and from the lives of others into the book and it was so interesting to read how making the decision between "no and yes" really has an impact on our lives.

Mr. Shinabarger has done some really amazing things in his life and it's by stopping to really consider his decisions that have helped him. The greatest thing he always stresses is to stop and pray about these decisions - go off on your own if need be - and really consider what God wants you to do.

He also shares the different kinds of personalities and decision making styles there are and how to make yours work for you. I found this incredibly helpful as I really didn't know what kind of style I had when it came to making decisions, but now I do. I know the positives and the negatives of this style and how to make it all work for me. Be sure and watch the video imbedded in this post to see more about your own decision making style.

He also discusses one of the main things that holds many of us back - including me - and that's fear. I gained so much insight and confidence by reading this. Also, knowing I'm not the only one who has fears about doing things, was quite relieving! It just really helped me to take that step forward in something I've been dragging my feet about for a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment