Saturday, October 24, 2015

Exclusively Kamado: 50 Innovative Recipes for your Ceramic Smoker and Grill

I'm always interested in reading new cooking techniques and Exclusively

A Kamado is a ceramic grill that can apparently do just about everything based on the pictures and recipes included in the book. There is braising, broiling, baking, deep-frying, grilling, pan-frying, poaching, roasting, sautéing, searing, stir-frying, and toasting. Amazing that one piece of equipment (of course with the appropriate accouterments) can do so much. Once a saw the recipes, it all made sense.

I've always been indifferent about grilling because I associate it with bbq, but Sidioriak changed my mind. Almost every recipe in his book I can really get behind to enjoy myself or make for a friend/family member. My favorites recipes are the Zesty No Fry Buffalo Chicken Croquettes, Duck Confit Egg Rolls, Grilled Caprese Salad Bites and the Turkey Ball Dinner. There are so many more recipes that Sidoriak offers for any type of pallette. From steaks, pizza, vegetables to puff pastry baked brie, the kamado can give the cook exactly what they want. There is a little bit of effort, but no more than stove preparation, but with the added benefit of more flavor and shorter cooking times because of the kamado's design.
Kamado by Paul Sidoriak drew my attention. Sidoriak opens his narration talking about how he started cooking and leads us to his current cooking of today, which is primarily centered around the kamado.

No comments:

Post a Comment