Saturday, April 11, 2015

Gotti's Rules: The Story of John Alite, Junior Gotti, and the Demise of the American Mafia

I thought the book was on the money, thanks to George Anatasia along with John Alite, I felt like I was there every step of the way as the stories unfolded. I am not going to deny, I had very mixed emotions while reading "Gotti Rules", I cried for Johnny because he was a really good kid with a bright future and he was drawn in and eventually fell into such a corrupt lifestyle where rules only apply as the Gotti's felt fit for themselves (One has to think, did Johnny, ever really have a chance at that very young age knowing about the "Gotti Rules"). I cried for myself because I had to read about people that were hurt or even killed that meant something to me personally. Perhaps because I grew up in "Deadhaven" as we called it along with Johnny and many others. I got to experience pain first hand when my brother along with 20 or so others died of Aids caused by heroin addiction. Therefore, I don't have a doubt the stories Johnny is telling are true

No comments:

Post a Comment